Friday 11 September 2009

River of no return (Poem)

I am not a parasite on society
Nor on my family, least in any way.
Though longing for community
I shun away from identity.

I am in the river of no return.
There is no time to wait for anyone.
You came; you joined for a while
Looking for landing all the while.

This way is sometimes rough and deep
Some times fall from heights;
If you loose your breath, and weep
None other than river to console and wipe

Your tears other than the river.
Attach no meaning - no purpose to her.
She is in herself, by herself complete.
Breathe her in all fullness in and out.

I am reeling and rolling over and over,
Living this very moment to moment
Reaching out with every drop
To my beloved deep ocean infinite.

* * *
Remigius de Souza
(02-05-2001)

~~~~~~~~~
© Remigius de Souza, all rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment